The Governors of The River Peck Federation
The River Peck Federation is supported by a Governing Body of fourteen people. We come from all walks of life and bring many different skills and experiences to the role. What unites us is a desire to see the best for the school of which we are all very proud.
We passionately believe that our children must have the very best education we can offer so they eventually leave school with some real choices to make about their future jobs, careers, further education and life style.
All parents are welcome to come along and listen to what goes on at a Governing Body meeting.
Who we are
Local Authority Governors – appointed by the London Borough of Southwark
Judith Evans – Co-Chair of Governors
Barry Joseph – Co Chair of Governors
Stacey Williams – Co Opted
Maxine Allman – Co-opted
Patrick Mcdermott – Co Opted – Vice Chair
Lisa Hodson – Co Opted
Simon Little – Co Opted
Dorcas Idehen – Co Opted
Liseli Bull – Co Opted
Gregory Doey, Executive Headteacher
Julie Ireland – Headteacher
Tom Gibbs – Staff Governor
Rebecca Savage – Staff Governor
Zoe Simpson – Associate member
Associate Governor (non voting) – appointed by the Governing Body
All members of the Governing Body can be contacted via:
Bellenden – School Office T: 020 7732 7107
Pilgrims’ Way – School Office T: 020 7639 1995
What we do
Governors work as a team, in the best interests of the children and the school, to raise educational standards and ensure everyone within the school community is safe. The Headteacher is part of the team.
- – are accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- – plan the school’s future direction
- – select the Headteacher
- – make decisions on the school’s budget and staffing
- – make sure the national curriculum is taught and set the Statutory Attainment Target (SATS)
- – agree policies about the way the Governing Body and the school work
- – decide how the school can encourage pupil’s spiritual, moral and social development
- – make sure the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special needs
- – monitor the outcomes of pupils to ensure wherever possible they achieve their academic, personal and social best
- – support and challenge the Headteacher by gathering views, asking questions and deciding what’s best for the school.
How we work
The Governing Body meets formally at least twice a term.
Governors perform their role by:
- – Attending meetings
- – Receiving written briefings, reports and presentations from the Headteacher and his colleagues
- – Discussing and debating key issues and data
- – Visiting the school, including undertaking a specific role as a link governor
- – Meeting with parents and staff – both informally and formally
- – Undertaking regular training course pertinent to Effective Governance
Feedback from/to Parents
Each year we formally report to parents through the school profile which is in a standard national format issued by the Department for Education.
Additionally, each summer we hold an Annual Review where parents and Governors have the opportunity to discuss the school. Governors also attend the Parent consultation days held in the autumn and spring terms each year.
We are always keen to hear the view of parents – please feel able to tell us what you think at any time.
There are three ways to contact us:
i) Post a note/comment into the Parents Suggestion Box in main reception
ii) Email us via our Clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org
iii) Contact us via the School office – email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note; if you wish to contact the Governing Body on a confidential matter, please address your initial correspondence to the Chair of Governors.
The Governors would like to express their thanks to:
- – our staff for their continued commitment to the school
- – our pupils for all their hard work
- – our parents and carers for their support and feedback
- – our volunteers for all the time they freely give that makes a huge difference
- – our Executive Head Teacher – Gregory Doey. Headteacher – Julie Ireland
We look forward to working with you all over the coming year.
The Governing Body
The River Peck Federation